Progenitor of the body horror genre and master of psychological terror, filmmaker David Cronenberg is known for his visceral style, crafting stories that interweave audacious physical transformations with challenging narratives and complex emotional arcs.
This November, two seminal Cronenberg films, Dead Ringers and Rabid, make their Collector’s Edition Blu-ray debuts from Scream Factory. Each film features a new 2k scan and is loaded with new bonus features, making these critically acclaimed masterpieces must-owns for cinephiles.
Cronenberg’s haunting tale of twin gynecologists and the woman they both love will make its Blu-ray debut November 15th, 2016 from Scream Factory, in conjunction with Morgan Creek Productions. The two-disc Collector’s Edition Blu-ray of Dead Ringers comes loaded with bonus features, with over three hours of new bonus content including new audio commentary from author William Beard and new interviews with actress Heidi Von Palleske, Stephen Lack, special effects artist Gordon Smith and director of photography Peter Suschitzky. Fans can pre-order their copies by visiting ShoutFactory.com
Claire Niveau (Geneviève Bujold) is in love with handsome Beverly. Or does she love Elliot? It’s uncertain because brothers Beverly and Elliot Mantle are identical twins sharing the same medical practice, apartment and women – including unsuspecting Claire.
In a role that won the New York Film Critics Circle Best Actor Award, Jeremy Irons plays twin gynecologists whose emotional dependency collapses into mind games, madness and murder. Cronenberg won the Los Angeles Film Critics Awards Best Director honors for melding split-screen techniques, body doubles and Iron’s uncanny acting into an eerie, fact-based tale .
Dead Ringers Bonus Features
DISC 1 (1.78:1 version)
- NEW Audio Commentary with writer William Beard, author of The Artist As Monster: The Cinema of David Cronenberg
- Audio Commentary with actor Jeremy Irons
- NEW 2K scan at the director’s preferred aspect ratio (1.66:1)
- NEW Carey’s Story – an interviews with Heidi Von Palleske (19 minutes)
- NEW Working Artist – an interview with Stephen Lack (24 minutes)
- NEW Connecting Tissues – an interview with special effects artist Gordon Smith (19 minutes)
- NEW Double Vision — an interview with director of photography Peter Suschitzky (12 minutes)
- Vintage interviews with Jeremy Irons, director/co-writer David Cronenberg, producer Marc Boyman and co-writer Norman Snider (17 minutes)
- Vintage Behind the Scenes Featurette (7 minutes)
- Theatrical Trailer
Cronenberg’s provocative take on the vampire mythos will makes its Blu-ray debut with the release of the Collector’s Edition Blu-ray of Rabid on November 22nd, 2016 from Scream Factory.
Brimming with bonus features, Rabid includes over 90 minutes of brand new bonus content, including new interviews with author Jill C. Nelson and Marilyn Chambers’ personal appearances manager Ken Leicht, and actress Susan Roman. Fans can pre-order their copies by visiting ShoutFactory.com
After undergoing radical emergency surgery, Rose (former adult film star Marilyn Chambers in her first leading role in a mainstream film) develops an insatiable desire for blood. She searches out victims to satisfy her incurable craving, infecting them with an unknown disease which, in turn swiftly drives them insane… and makes them equally bloodthirsty.
Follow the lovely but deadly Rose through her terrifying ordeal as victim by victim, the spreading circle of casualties grows… until no one can escape their grisly fate of becoming… Rabid.
Rabid Bonus Features
- NEW 2K scan from the negative at the director David Cronenberg’s preferred aspect ratio (1.66:1)
- NEW audio interview with author Jill C. Nelson (Golden Goddesses: 25 Legendary Women of Classic Erotic Cinema, 1968–1985) and Marilyn Chambers’ personal appearances manager Ken Leicht
- NEW Young and Rabid – an interview with actress Susan Roman (33 minutes)
- Audio Commentary with writer-director David Cronenberg
- Audio Commentary with William Beard, author of The Artist as Monster: The Cinema of David Cronenberg
- Archival interview with David Cronenberg (21 minutes)
- Interview with executive producer Ivan Reitman (13 minutes)
- Interview with co-producer Don Carmody (16 minutes)
- From Stereo to Video – A video essay by Caelum Vatnsdal, author of They Came from Within: A History of Canadian Horror Cinema (26 minutes)
- Theatrical Trailer
- TV Spot
- Radio Spots (U.S. and U.K.)
- Still Gallery