Unseen for more than 40 years, the lost film from Zoltan G. Spencer can now be seen!
Garagehouse Pictures is a newly formed specialty label dedicated to releasing previously unseen or obscure oddities on Blu-ray. This October, Garagehouse will follow up their NINJA BUSTERS release with another lost film on Blu-ray for the very first time ever on home video in the world.
THE SATANIST was the first of a series of “black and white dirties” made by Zoltan G. Spencer (Spencer Crilly). The film last played theatres in 1970 and hasn’t been seen or heard of since. Combining softcore sexploitation and horror elements, THE SATANIST tells the story of a writer recovering from a nervous breakdown who moves to the country with his wife for a rest cure that turns into a nightmare when the two become unwilling participants in an ancient Satanic ritual and a wild bacchanal of the flesh.
Weird forbidden rites, erotic succubi, obscene devil dances: THE SATANIST will take you to the edge of madness! As an added bonus, the release of THE SATANIST will also include SISTERS IN LEATHER, Zoltan G. Spencer’s third film, from an all new 4K transfer from the original camera negative. The Blu-ray debuts on October 31, 2016, and is currently available for pre-order from Diabolikdvd.com and Amazon.com.
Feature Specifications and Special Features:
- Transferred in 4K and digitally mastered from the only surviving 35mm print
- Sound digitally remastered from the original optical tracks
- Optional audio commentary by Chris (Temple of Schlock) Poggiali and Ashley (The Rialto Report) West
- Liner notes by Chris Poggiali
- Bonus feature film: SISTERS IN LEATHER from a 4K scan of the original camera negative
- Trailers for other Garagehouse Pictures releases
- All new artwork by Stephen Romano
- All region BD