Scholars of scuzz cinema, take note: one of the all-time classics will be making its blu-ray debut in June. Street Trash is a legendary blend of slum drama, black comedy and shock horror from the mind of Roy Frumkes. Like a classic John Waters film, it has something to offend everyone – and it also boasts a variety of eye-popping makeup effects from Jennifer Aspinall. Synapse’s new blu-ray will include all the extras from their past DVD special edition plus a few new goodies. Read on for all the scintillating scuzz details, include a full rundown of the specs…
SYNAPSE FILMS PRESENTS
All the vomit and toilet waste in glorious high-def Blu-ray!
From Writer and Producer Roy Frumkes!
In the sleazy, foreboding world of winos, derelicts and drifters in lower Manhattan, two young runaways—eighteen-year-old Fred (Mike Lackey) and his younger brother, Kevin (Mark Sferrazza)—live in a tire hut in the back of an auto wrecking yard. Life is hard, but the most lethal threat to the boys is the mysterious case of Tenafly Viper wine in Ed’s liquor store window. The stuff is forty years old… and it’s gone bad. REAL bad! Anyone who drinks it melts in seconds—and it’s only a dollar a bottle!
The subversive cult classic/horror comedy STREET TRASH rode the last wave of super-gore films in the late ’80s before cinema entered the era of safe R-rated horror and unoriginal remakes. Beautifully re-mastered in high-definition, STREET TRASH will melt your eyes and ears with stunning picture and sound. Open up a bottle, and drink!
• High-Definition Transfer from the Original Camera Negative
• 5.1 Surround Remix Created Specifically for Home Theatre Environments
• Two Audio Commentaries Featuring Producer Roy Frumkes and Director James Muro
• THE MELTDOWN MEMOIRS – Feature Length Documentary on the History and Making of STREET TRASH
• The Original STREET TRASH 16mm Short Film That Inspired the Movie
• The Original STREET TRASH Promotional Teaser
• Original Theatrical Trailer
• ALL-NEW BLU-RAY EXCLUSIVES: Jane Arakawa Video Interview and Deleted Scenes
• Create Your Own Bottle of “Tenafly Viper” Wine with the Enclosed Label Sticker!
Director: James Muro
Starring: James Lorinz, Mike Lackey, Mark Sferrazza, Bill Chepil
Run Time: 102 minutes
Release Date: June 11, 2012
Aspect Ratio: Widescreen 1080p 1.85:1
Region: All Region ABC