Severin Films joins the Mile High Club with the January 10th release of Aussie spook show THE SURVIVOR, directed by British film icon David Hemmings (BLOW-UP, DEEP RED). This high-altitude thriller comes packed with bonus features, and has been transferred in 2k HD for the first time ever! Soar to new heights of fright with the film Time Out says, “Delivers on the shocks!”.
When a 747 crash lands in a Sydney suburb – a still-spectacular sequence that helped make this the most expensive Australian film of its time – the inferno kills everyone on board except the pilot (Robert Powell of JESUS OF NAZARETH and TOMMY) who emerges from the wreckage miraculously unscathed. But as a local psychic (Jenny Agutter of AN AMERICAN WEREWOLF IN LONDON) begins to communicate with the spirits of the doomed passengers, it will unlock a nightmare of madness, murder and supernatural horror.
Hollywood legend Joseph Cotten – in his final film performance – co-stars in this shocker produced by Ozploitation maverick Antony I. Ginnane (THIRST, PATRICK, TURKEY SHOOT), featuring haunting cinematography by Academy Award® winner John Seale (THE ENGLISH PATIENT, MAD MAX: FURY ROAD).
- Not Quite Hollywood – Extended Interviews with Producer Antony I. Ginnane & Cinematographer John Seale
- The Legacy of James Herbert – Original Featurette
- Robert Powell on James Herbert
- Archive TV Special on Location – Featuring interviews with Stars Joseph Cotten & Peter Sumner
- Archive TV Interviews with David Hemmings & Robert Powell
- Antony I. Ginnane Trailer Reel
- TV Spot
- Extended Final Scene